Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Helpless Lies

Merry Christmas everybody. I hope you've got everything you've wanted, and that you have a happy new year. Well, anyway, this song was inspired by a number of different things. The actual lyrics were inspired by SMALLVILLE, another obsession of mine, the connection between Lana and Clark in Season 5 if you've ever watched it. The Music is very mellow and slow, which was inspired by Lifehouse's 'Storm', from their new album 'Who We Are'.


Helpless Lies:

I see between your hidden lines, I understand your pain,

And yet all the times I’ve saved you, I’m the one that you blame,

I apologise the hundredth time, for something I didn’t do,

You don’t reply, then I realise, that’s the end of me and you.


You turn around, without a word, and leave me by myself,

My eyes rotate to your picture, hanging from the shelf,

Your smile, your eyes, all perfect pieces, equalities are pure,

But then I realise the truth, you can’t take it anymore,


Too many times, I’ve lied to you,

No reasonable answer for things that I do,

You face me with questions, I don’t answer straight,

Resulting in the reason your heart so often break


Things just aren’t that easy, indefinitely a flaw,

That’s the reason I don’t stop you, when you walk out my door,

I’m too caught up in your protection, but I don’t want to let you go

But it’s far to dangerous for someone like you to know,


I watch you from the window, tears embedded on your cheek,

And even though I’m a hero, your tears make me weak,

I cannot bare to stand there, and watch you loose your grip,

Your heart is broken, your hands are shaking, and so is your bottom lip,


Too many times, I’ve lied to you,

No reasonable answer for things that I do,

You face me with questions, I don’t answer straight,

Resulting in the reason your heart will break


I sit solemnly, left in the darkness of my heart,

Lingering over the fact, it was her I had torn apart,

The one person I love, the one I needed to save,

Yet this time I’d fallen, too hurt to be strong or brave,

No comments: